We encourage open discussion on all our blog posts to allow community questions and discussions on working in the prison service. All our posts are open to the public, so by submitting a comment you agree to abide by the following rules. We reserve the right to not publish any comments which may breach our comment and moderation policy.
Blog house rules
- Be respectful of others who use this site
- Stay on topic
- Keep comments concise
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes but is not limited to, swearing, obscene or vulgar comments)
- Do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- Do not post personal information such as personal identifiable details, addresses, phone numbers, email address or any other contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- All spam messages are deleted
- If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating.
If you do have questions or feedback about this blog, please post a comment and we will do our best to respond. However, it may not always be possible to reply to individual questions or comments.
Sign up to email updates to keep up to date with this blog or follow the Ministry of Justice on Twitter.
Blog comments are pre-monitored to check they comply with the above guidelines. If comments do not comply, they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments:
Is this comment/question on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can the Ministry of Justice answer publicly?
If so, we will post the comment.
Is this person asking for information or detail relating to another Ministry of Justice channel but not related to prison officer recruitment?
If so, we'll pass the query on and ensure it is dealt with as quickly as possible. We will update the commenter on progress.
Is this comment a rant venting frustration or anger?
If so, STOP, monitor and refer to the participation guidelines. If it does not meet our guidelines then do not publish the comment.